Bodynamic Psychology is composed of three unique areas:
- Mutual Connection established through compassionate affirmation and feeling/body sense awareness
- Character Structures – resulting from splits in developmental phases
- Ego Functions – Specific body-ego abilities that may be in a state of resignation or held rigidly that need to be reworked. Examples of ego functions are: grounding, centering & support.
Bodynamic Overview – Origins & Principles
The Seven Developmental Stages – an overview including a chart and videos of developmental stages of character structures based on years of psychomotor research by the Bodynamic Institute
Ego Functions – Chart of Somatic Ego functions based on years of psychomotor research by the Bodynamic Institute
Overview of Psychological Muscle Functions – Illustrated diagrams (front and back views) of basic psychological functions associated with each general muscle group based on years of psychomotor research by the Bodynamic Institute
Shapes of Experience – Neuroscience, Developmental Psychology, and Somatic Character Formation by Marianne Bentzen (comparison between Bioenergetics, Hakomi & Bodynamics)
BodyMap Article – “The BodyMap – A Precise Diagnostic Tool for Psychotherapy” by Peter Bernhardt, MFT, and Joel Isaacs, Ph.D.
Scientific Validation of The Bodynamic System – A psycho-motor developmental psychotherapy
Interview with Bodynamic Founder Lisbeth Marcher by Peter Bernhardt, M.F.T.
- Individuation, Mutual Connection, and the Body’s Resources – part 1
- The Art of Following Structure —Exploring the Roots of the Bodynamic System – part 2
Bodynamic Analysis applied to Somatic Experiencing:
- Developmental Shock Trauma – by Raja Selvam, Ph.D. & Lori A. Parker, Ph.D.
- Working around Developmental Defenses in SE Sessions – by Raja Selvam, Ph.D. & Lori A. Parker, Ph.D.
Articles written by Jonathan Zerbin, on GestaltReality.com:
- Bodynamic International
- European Association for Body Psychotherapy – The E.A.B.P. has recently assembled literature references to research supporting the Scientific Validation of Body Psychotherapy on their website.
- United States Association for Body Psychotherapy – The USABP site contains membership information and information for the general public about body psychotherapy.
- The International Journal Of Body-Psychotherpay (IJBP) – A joint venture between the EABP and the USABP.
- Association for Pre- & Perinatal Psychology and Health – (APPPAH) Geyserville, CA